063: Ask Me Anything About Nutrition, March 4, 2019
On March 4, you joined me in a live Zoom meeting to ask me anything about nutrition, and here’s the full recording!
We talk about things like:
- How much spinach, broccoli, and kale is too much?
- Can frozen vegetables be trusted for their folate?
- Do cooked legumes lose folate when frozen?
- I go on an extended rant about the harm done by exaggerating the harms of synthetic folic acid.
- We use labs to identify a probable genetic defect in glutathione synthesis.
- When to think about supplementing with calcium.
- When a drug makes histamine intolerance and blood sugar dysregulation collide.
- My thoughts on root canals.
- Should you take leucine to gain muscle mass, or just eat protein?
- A GREAT discussion on how our detoxification system evolved to handle fruits and vegetables, and why eating them can help us out through the principle of "hormesis."
- Could low LDL levels compromise female fertility?
All this and much more!